With your gift to Humanities Tennessee, you help to promote humanities-based programs throughout the state. We appreciate your support!
Humanities Tennessee is a statewide, non-profit organization that is funded in part by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH). We do not receive state funds except for a small arts grant through the Tennessee Arts Commission. Humanities Tennessee relies on the generosity of individuals, foundations, and corporations to present programs like the annual Southern Festival of Books, the Tennessee Young Writers’ Workshop, Chapter 16, and other programs. Please join us today with your gift to help bring humanities programs to communities throughout Tennessee.
Friends and Sponsors of Humanities Tennessee are the backbone for continuing our mission:
Humanities Tennessee nurtures the mutual respect and understanding essential to community by enabling Tennesseans to examine and critically reflect upon the narratives, traditions, beliefs, and ideas — as expressed through the arts and letters — that define us as individuals and participants in community life.
Making a gift to Humanities Tennessee provides important support to sustain our programs.
- Friends who contribute $35 or more will receive regular email updates on all of our programs and events.
- Individuals who give $500 or more are considered Patrons of Humanities Tennessee and receive a signed book of choice from the list of authors attending the Festival.
Gifts of any amount are greatly appreciated. Below outlines some specific ways that your gifts and investments in Humanities Tennessee can make a difference:
- $15,000 underwrites a portion of the Youth or the Café Singers/Songwriters’ Stage at the Annual Southern Festival of Books.
- $10,000 underwrites the honoraria for authors and instructors who teach young writers during the annual Tennessee Young Writers’ Workshop.
- $7,500 supports educational and outreach materials distributed throughout the state for the Museum on Main Street exhibitions.
- $5,000 underwrites books distributed free to thousands of school children participating in Student Reader Days which occur twice annually in different parts of the state.
- $3,500 offers teachers recognition through the Annual Teachers’ Awards: $2,500 goes toward teachers’ professional development and $1,000 supports the selected teachers’ schools.
- $1,500 underwrites bus transportation of school children to the annual Southern Festival of Books.
- $650 helps a needing and deserving student attend the Tennessee Young Writers' Workshop, a residential week-long program, by underwriting a scholarship for full tuition.
Become a Corporate Patron or Sponsor
Corporations can support the programs of Humanities Tennessee with direct cash investments or in-kind donations, in return for marketing and/or hospitality benefits. Patron gifts start at $500. Sponsorship starts at $2,500. Please contact Jennifer Chalos at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to join as sponsor of one or more of our programs.
Show your support today!
Friends of Humanities Tennessee may choose to make a one-time gift or to set up a sustaining, monthly gift through automatic payments by credit or debit card. You may set up a monthly gift of as little as $5 per month by calling 615-770-0006 ext. 15 with your information. Monthly support keeps programs like the Southern Festival of Books going strong.
- Click the 'Donate' button in the top right of this screen to make a secure online donation
- Print and complete our Donation Form (.pdf) and mail with check or payment information
- Call to charge your gift to your credit card at 615-770-0006 ext. 15
For more information about giving opportunities, please contact Development Director, Jennifer Chalos at email@example.com or 615-310-8344. Spread the word and increase support of Humanities Tennessee’s programs! Please forward this page to anyone you know who might be interested in joining Humanities Tennessee. Thank you!